BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Touched


In the course of our usual daily lives, we often don't notice or forget to recognize the little nice acts that touch us. One such thing happened to me today and it definitely needs a mention on my blog. Today is yet another day at work and nothing exciting except for the fact that it's Dec 31. I was sleepily stepping into the office cursing the monotony of it all and how I was in dire need of a change.

The scene goes somewhat like this...I enter the premises...turn left for the cafe...grab a plate and cutlery and move towards the buffet counter for breakfast. And before I could reach the food, there she was, with a bowl of lemon wedges exclusively for me. In my grumpy mood, I could hardly understand what she was doing and gave her a strange look.

Me: I asked her "What's this?"
Her: "Today we have poha for bfast. You like lemon with your poha right? So I got some wedges for you."

Wow! I was blown away. I take bfast in the same cafe 365 days of the year and even I don't remember the last time I had poha there and told her that I like lemon on it. What touched me the most is that she remembered! Out of the 1200 odd people who eat there, she remembered what I liked! Man, I don't know if I can care for a stranger so much. Hats off to her. I was touched.

By the way, she is the catering supervisor at our office cafe. Salute to your affection lady.

0 comments: