BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Books!

There’s a certain deliciousnesss in books. Just going through landmarkonthenet.com and I realized I’m addicted. The sight of books makes me hungry( well...for books of course). I wanna buy many more than I can ever read. The mere whiff of knowledge that comes out of a freshly opened book...the ritual of digging your nose in those mahagony pages and straining your eyes and neck to turn the last page over..ah it’s just beautiful. For now, I’m addicted to fiction…I’ve realized a change in myself. Now, I can read almost anything…well almost. I just wanna read. I’m hungry. I wanna run out of money for them. The new titles, colors of the cover pages, the golden font and sheer excitement of uncovering a trunk of words is what I'm addicted to. The end of a book brings mexed feelings, the sorrow of a world ended and the elation of picking up a new book…preferably something that I’ve never opened before. The coarse brush of the first page against the fingers, the setting of a crease on the cover page, the scribble of my name indicating my rightful possession on that piece of text and just diving into this new planet called Chapter 1…

2 comments:

Jinu Peyeti said...

so happy! wish this had happened earlier, while we were staying together!

btw, welcome to the beautiful world of cool geeks :)

justfeltlike said...

You should come and see my book rack now. I love to pick up books from it to read. Reading Brida these days. I must say I'm quite fascinated by the occult.