BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm Blue

As if my parents weren’t enough, I got a call from Shaadi.com a while ago asking me if I’d spare some time to talk to them about Marriage proposals. Wtf??!! I’m sure my name might be in flashing in red bold letters in their database saying ‘Eligible candidate. Catch her NOW!’ I’m sorry Shaadi.com, I refuse to contribute to your sales and put my life in trouble. Just FUCK OFF. And how did they get my number you ask? They got it off a job portal where I’ve posted my resume. Ugh!

To make matters worse, facebook is giving me daily updates on who’s getting married, who’s getting engaged. Old colleague couples getting married, peers getting engaged, friends meeting soulmates. The only positive happening in the entire process is the growth of my single blues. K

Go take a walk, world. Don’t hassle me with those marriage talks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone must do something regarding these marriage portals.

Dhruv Shanker said...

Shaadi.com's proactive outreach is pretty sick actually.

Cheer up kiddo :) This shaadi thing is spreading. I was at a family wedding yesterday and a whole battalion of aunties descended upon me with foul elaborate wedding plans. I only had a teaspoon and a half eaten gulab jamun to defend myself with and it was a mega tense moment.

I feigned an allergic reaction and made a hasty exit but apparently one of them has a niece who is a botany student and will make a nice match for me.

Jinu Peyeti said...

Did i tell u abt the foto session by the tree at baby akka's house? :P call me!!

Naina Sethi said...

I love your blog. It is so insighful ! I write for a fashion blog and think that you should follow me !
enrapturenow.blogspot.com